Search Web

Custom Search

Sunday 10 July 2011

Definition of Thyroid Cancer



Cancer that forms in the thyroid gland (an organ at the base of the throat that makes hormones that help control heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, and weight). Four main types of thyroid cancer are papillary, follicular, medullary, and anaplastic thyroid cancer. The four types are based on how the cancer cells look under a microscope.  
Estimated new cases and deaths from thyroid cancer in the United States in 2010:
New cases: 44,670
Deaths: 1,690

1 comments:

Shirley Donalds said...

I used to take Synthroid and found myself always depressed and tired...I asked my doctor about bovine supplements and I have been much happier on it.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons